PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Mr Toad's Wild Ride posterWell, I WAS going to put a great picture I have of Mr. Toad but I guess it's on my 'CRASHED" computer. ARG!!!
        Sorry- let's begin. This ride is located on the east side of Fantasyland next to Peter Pan's Flight (aka Peter Pan Flight). The two minute trip takes you through the story of Mr. Toad, the story can be found in the 1949 cartoon collection of The Wind in the Willows. However, unlike the cartoon (I won't spoil it for you)  the ending is very warm and twisted; I don't mean sweet, I mean physically warm.
    According to Stodder, the original souvenir books carried this description  for the ride, "the hilarious misadventures of Mr. Toad in Fantasyland bring fun and laughter to everyone - a hilarious adventure for the young in heart of all ages". I found a great little post on the Souvenir picture book , 1976, its a bit tongue and cheeky ...I LIKE IT!
Click here to read it. Snagged the picture below from the post... just great. As a Catholic school girl (don't judge) it makes me laugh.

This "C" ticket ride continues to be a favorite in Fantasyland and is safe for now.
   Cars were named after key players :Mr. Toad, Ratty, Moley, MacBadger, Weasel, Winky and Cyril the horse.  The true names of the cars: Toady, Ratty, Cyril, Winky, MacBadger, Weasel Moley, and Winky. Some are names are duplicated - more cars than names.
   Disneyland is lucky to still have it, the ride at Walt Disney World was replaced with Winnie the Pooh.... uh, don't get me started on THAT ride.
Did you know:
    Alice in Wonderland is part of the same building, part of the Alice ride is on the 2nd floor above Toad...interesting.
Updates to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment