PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Casey Jr. Circus Train




Casey Jr. was one original ride that wasn't opened to the public (although it appeared so on T.V.) on opening day. It didn’t start chugging along until July 31, 1955. Casey Jr. was first conceptualized as a "high speed" ride but because it could result in jumping the tracks, the idea was nixed.
(Side story: I have known a few cast members in my day, and I have it on good authority that this actually is a fear for Disney. Conductors are taught to slow down during the bottom loop as you come around the curve. )
Instead, Casey Jr. was engineered as a “B’ ticket ride that would chug along the tracks. The 3 minute 30 second ride didn’t have much to look at in its first year. It wasn’t until Disney installed the miniature scenes in September 1956 that it could be described as “scenic”.
If you listen closely as it goes up the last hill near Cinderella’s castle you can hear Casey hissing “I think I can” and as he goes down the hill “I knew I could”.
On aboard!


0 comments:

Post a Comment