PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Snow White's Scary Adventures

     I’ll be honest, I wasn’t alive for the opening in 1955, heck, I wasn’t even alive for the “new” Fantasyland in 1983. So my idea of scary is what my little peepers saw the first time I RECALL going on Snow White. Man oh man, was the witch SCARY! The worst part was I always felt like I got the seat next to the Evil Queen during the transformation scene. Even though my earliest memories of Snow White were somewhat terrifying I always found the courage (or coaxing) to go on it again. But after reading through some Ah-mazing detailed descriptions of the ride circa  1955-65, my "version" of the ride seems like a walk in the park. I have scrutinized over some great blogs including Daveland, KenNetti, Filmic Light, as well as such books as Disney: A to Z, The Disneyland Encyclopedia, and Through the Looking Glass; a big THANK YOU to them for having done so much ground work on this ride.
         Update to this post will come as soon as I can shrink all the information (it's a beast). In the meantime, check out the blogs above, and for those who want the "Hi-Ho-hum"  description of the ride, here it is, from the Disneyland website:
 "The 2-minute tour takes you to the merry cottage of the Seven Dwarfs and through mines filled with glowing gemstones. Soon, your mine-cart vehicle is spirited away to spookier locations. Proceed with caution to the dark and haunted forest, the Queen's sorcery chamber, skeleton-filled dungeons and dangerous storm-swept cliffs."

Check back for updates!


         

0 comments:

Post a Comment